Ceramic Coating Maintenance
Ceramic Coating Care Instructions.
A few basic tips to maximize the performance of coating and to ensure you get full value for your investment.
The Curing Process
During the curing process, the coating is still soft and can be damaged. So it is strongly recommended to keep it under proper temperature and humidity. During this period if you notice any contaminants on your vehicle’s surface such as tree saps, bird droppings, water etc., please remove them immediately.
Here are a few additional tips:
- Keep your vehicle away from water, rain and sprinklers.
- Avoid parking the vehicle outdoors or under a tree.
- Don’t allow bird droppings, sap or pollen to sit on the vehicle and bake in the sun.
- Avoid tinkering with the paint with hands or chemicals.
Washing your vehicle at home
Our ceramic coating is extremely slick i.e. it can pull and dissolve almost any particle with its self-cleaning effect. Make sure to keep rubbing on the coating to the minimum, especially with a dry towel to maximize its longevity.
Use Coating Daddy Nano Rinse Shampoo to remove bird droppings, bugs, and tree sap followed by a wipe with a soft microfiber towel.
- Give your vehicle a 100% hand wash.
- Always use a pH neutral car wash shampoo or soap.
- Use a 350 gsm microfiber cloth for washing and drying.
- Always wash the vehicle in shade.
- Don’t give your vehicle an automatic wash.
- Avoid washing in the sunlight as it may cause water spotting and streaking.
- Never use abrasive products such as cleanser polish or wax.
- Avoid using abrasive towels or aggressive rubbing/wiping.
- For best results, the vehicle should be washed at least twice a week to prevent the excess build-up of contaminants.
- Use mild shampoos and soaps only.
- Avoid high volume brush car washes and pH detergent cleaners.
- Wash in a top to down manner, doing the dirtiest sections in the last to prevent cross-contamination.
Regular Home Washing
Use a foam gun or a microfiber wash mitt to soap down the car. Wash it off with a pressure washer or hose. Dry with clean and soft microfiber towels.
Spray and Wash Self-Car Washes
Take a high-pressure shampoo or soap, soap the vehicle and then rinse it with high-pressure rinse. Finally dry with clean microfiber towels.
Give the vehicle a touch-less wash only, never use a brush car wash.
- Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface contamination.
- Never try to remove the spots too aggressively.
- Tar, bird droppings, sap etc. should be removed as quickly as possible to prevent hardening and staining on the coating.
- Elements such as tar, bird droppings, sap etc. should be removed as quickly as possible to prevent hardening and staining on the coating.
- Use a damp Coating Daddy Microfiber towel to first dry the vehicle then a different one to finish the process.
- Always dry the vehicle completely and never leave it to ‘air’ dry. Tap water contains minerals that may leave water spots on the vehicle.
- Always use good quality microfiber towels for best results and never wipe too aggressively as it will prevent the absorption of water.
Never wax the coating as it doesn't bond with the coating and our Nano Rinse Shampoo is the recommended maintenance and aftercare product.
Leather & Fabric Maintenance
- For best results, all leather/vinyl surfaces should be cleaned twice a week with a leather protection product to prevent contaminant build-up and replenish the natural oils on the leather.
- Vacuum carpets regularly and use fabric and carpet cleaners when necessary.
- In case of any spillage on leather, vinyl or fabric, immediately wipe it off.